I support the following movements/initiatives:
- Open Science Framework and Center for Open Science – open science community: open data, pre-registration of experiments, honest statistical analyses, replications, early availability of pre-prints.
- Open Access movement – results of publicly funded research should be online and freely available to everyone.
- Promoting women and minorities in science – e.g. Women in Cognitive Science initiative.
- Humanities Rally – movement against budget cuts to the Faculty of the Humanities of the University of Amsterdam and education spending cuts in general.
- University of Colour – initiative for more representative and balanced universities in the Netherlands, both at a curricular and demographic level, including non-Eurocentric perspectives and ideas.
- Amsterdam United – initiative for promoting diversity in student population of the University of Amsterdam.