Papers, work in progress
- Kochari, A. (submitted). Conducting web-based experiments for numerical cognition research. [preprint] [data and analyses]
- Kochari, A., & Schriefers, H. (in revision). Processing symbolic magnitude information conveyed by digits, number words and scalar adjectives: parallel size-congruity effects. [preprint] [data and analyses]
Papers, accepted or published
- Kochari, A., & Flecken, M. (2019). Lexical prediction in language comprehension: a replication study of grammatical gender effects in Dutch. Language, Cognition and Neuroscience, 34(2), 239-253. doi: 10.1080/23273798.2018.1524500 [pdf] [data and analyses]
- Kochari, A., Ostarek, M. (2018). Introducing a replication-first rule for PhD projects (commmentary on Zwaan et al., ‘Making replication mainstream’). Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 41. doi: 10.1017/S0140525X18000730 [pdf]
- van Rooij, R., & Kochari, A. (accepted). Grounding a pragmatic theory of vagueness on experimental data: Semi-orders and Weber’s Law. In R. Dietz (Ed.), Vagueness & Rationality. Springer.
- Talmina, N., Kochari A., & Szymanik, J. (2017) Quantifiers and verification strategies: connecting the dots. Proceedings of the 21st Amsterdam Colloquium. [pdf]
- Talk at Neuroscience of Language conference, NYU Abu Dhabi: Disentangling syntactic and semantic components in basic adjective – noun composition: an MEG study. April 2019.
- Talk at Third Jean Piaget Conference: Conducting web-based experiments for numerical cognition research. June 2018. [pdf] [data and analyses]
- Poster at CUNY 2018: Interaction of language and magnitude perception: gradable adjectives rely on extraction of ratio-level information. March 2018. [pdf]
- Talk at Cognitive Semantics and Quantities workshop: Is the generalized magnitude representation system involved in processing vague adjectives and quantifiers? September 2017.
- Poster at ESCoP 2017: Size congruity effect extends to vague adjectives: interaction of generalized magnitude representation and language. September 2017.
- Poster at CUNY 2017: When adjectives are like numbers: vague adjectives are processed by the magnitude representation system. March 2017.
Media about me
A series of interviews about me and my PhD project for Dutch popular science Magazine Kennislink: